In the present day scenario, where everyone is busy in their busy schedules and daylong stress in the office, investing time in cooking is becoming quite challenging. Thus Microwave ovens are evolved and being used in almost every houses to increase the convenience in cooking. There are tons of tweaks in using the Microwave Ovens starting from relying on the timer to the fast reheating and grilling featuring options too.
Moreover, baking, defrosting and heating are done easily and quickly in those ovens without even having the need to worry about the results. Precise temperature, accurate controls, and great convenience are promoted by the microwave ovens.
Buying a microwave oven with the monthly saving as a middle-class person is quite a difficult task due to the emerging of several companies. Therefore we provide you the best microwave oven in mid-range pricing that is ranked based on their features, performance and the additional tweaks which can improve the cooking experience to a whole new level.
Top 10 Microwave Ovens in India
1. IFB 20L Convection Microwave Oven
A smart Microwave Oven with latest features that can reduce the efforts of cooking is what everyone looks for. This 20SC2 model of IFB 20L Convection Microwave Oven is one such finest form of Oven that suits every kind of requirements that are needed to perfect the culinary skills. Multi-stage and Auto set cooking with reliable performance and precise controls make it the best convection microwave oven.
It is also accompanied by the latest Weight and speed defrosting technologies as well as auto reheat features that are the most preferred options for every household nowadays. All those incredible features are also complemented with the child lock features and time display which simplifies the cooking efforts to a great extent.
- The IFB 20L Convection Microwave Oven has 20L capacity which is suitable for every kind of lifestyles that may be small families or even bachelors too as the frequency are 2450MHz.
- There are many incredible options in this oven besides baking such as grilling, reheating, cooking as well as defrosting.
- The touch keypad provided on the oven is feasible to control the temperature with the accurate display.
- Some other compelling features of this advanced oven set are a menu for 24 different types of cooking and child lock features which are also followed by a starter kit too.
In addition to all the impressive features of IFB 20L Convection Microwave Oven, one year of product warranty and 3 years on magnetron and cavity warranty makes it the best deal in the market till date.
2. LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2886BRUM)
A most preferred Oven by every household could be a spacious and powerful device with an elegant design that merges with the interiors and enhances the beauty of the kitchen. LG is one such company which makes the most elegant looking yet spacious and powerful ovens and this model of MC2886BRUM convection microwave oven is no different from its legacy.
Besides being spacious, this is undoubtedly the best convection Microwave Oven in India as all the Indian culinary styles such as pasteurized milk, Ghee and paneer can be made in a home without any kind of inconvenience caused. Auto cook Menu, which readily possesses some preset cooking styles is one of the incredible features too.
- The design on the LG Convection Microwave Oven is probably the best in the market with the elegant and attractive floral pattern on it that makes it quite appreciable.
- All necessary options from an oven such as defrosting reheating, grilling and cooking are infused in the single appliance apart from the baking option.
- The auto cook menu feature which is also included in the package has 175 different Indian recipes and over 251 options.
- One can always keep an eye on the dish from the temperature and timer display that comes with the tactile buttons and reliable Jog dials.
Apart from all the featured options, the LG convectional Microwave oven also comes with child lock feature and also offered starter kit too. Moreover, 4 years of warranty on Magnetron and 1 year of product warranty make it a smart choice from all other competitors in the market.
3. Samsung 28L Convection Microwave Oven
Coming from one of the world’s renowned and most promising company Samsung, this 28L model of Convection Microwave Oven is surely the best appliance that one can completely rely upon with requirements. Some most preferred styles In Indian cooking such as making tandoor and making curd is implemented with the advanced form of technology that reduces the human effort in cooking and saves time to a great extent. Moreover, the user-friendly features complemented with the spacious and hassle-free cooking is probably the best way to cook any food easily as well as quickly too.
- Six power levels, LED display and Quartz convection heater, etc are some of the most highlighting features of this model of Microwave Oven from Samsung.
- There are various cooking modes which vary with the temperature ranging from 40 to 200 degree Celsius.
- The capacity of 28L is quite enough for the small family from every perspective of cooking.
- Options for defrosting, slim frying, making dough proof or yogurt altogether makes it an essential and beneficial kitchen appliance.
- Sheath Grill heater, crusty plate, wire rack, and quick guide level are also included in the pack to fulfill every kind of requirements.
Product warranty of 1 year and 5 years of special magnetron warranty offers makes it the most promising Microwave oven being packed with all kind of essential features and options.
4. IFB 25L Convection Microwave Oven
Upgrading the conventional form of kitchen appliances is the need of every normal household to enhance the efficiency of cooking as well as save time too. This 25L Convection Microwave Oven can be one of such impressive upgrade in your kitchen with increased capacity added options and versatile features too.
Apart from the design and performance, one of the topmost enhancements made in this oven is deodorize feature which can be helpful in grilling and also keeping the dish free from odor as well as germs. Besides, most wanted features in a Microwave Oven such as Multi-Stage cooking, weight defrost and quick start function, etc makes it an incredible upgrade from the conventional models.
- The floral design of the glass is quite impeccable and creates a good impression among all other interior designs in the Kitchen.
- The capacity of 25L makes it suitable for medium-sized families having 4 to 5 members.
- The convection of the advanced version of IFB suits various kinds of cooking options such as grilling, rehearing, cooking as well as defrosting.
- The deodorizing feature is the advanced option in this appliance which supports perfect grilling by keeping the cavity clean and free from germs as well as a foul odor.
- Varieties of different cuisines and flavors can be cooked without creating any kind of inconvenience or investing extra efforts in watching the food getting cooked due to the temperature and timing control and display.
Long-time performance with good efficiency is ensured with the straight 3 years of warranty on the warranty thus making it a safe call for your invested money on it. This could probably be a good choice to the families those who want to upgrade the space and options of the appliance to suit every kind of needs in the kitchen.
5. LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846BCT)
Indian cuisine which needs wide varieties of cooking style also takes a lot of time if the conventional cooking style is preferred. This particular MC2846BCT model from LG is made especially for various renowned cooking styles of Indian taste buds. Diet fry, Roti basket, paneer, and Ghee has the readily available option in it to cook as per the preferred style of cooking.
The preset menu is also included in the Auto cook menu which comes inbuilt with the oven. Moreover, long-lasting performance with incredible efficiency and minimum power consumption is ensured by the stainless steel activity and the latest technology used in designing the whole set of a wide range of options infused in a single device.
- The mesmerizing floral design on the LG Oven creates a good impression on every eye making it completely merge with the kitchen interiors.
- Spacious 28L capacity of the Oven is suitable for large families from all aspects such as availability of multipurpose Tawa, Indian Roti basket, etc.
- Various cooking methods such as grilling, cooking, baking, defrosting and cooking are featured in a single device thus making it the best choice in the market.
- Indian auto cook menu with 175 different dishes and 251 cooking options makes it a perfect companion for every Indian household.
- Cookbook, Shelf, Rotating ring and Glass tray are also included in the package.
LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven comes with a long term 4 years of Magnetron warranty as well as straight 1 year of product warranty which reflects the trust factor on the incredible built, appreciable performance and up to the marking efficiency.
6. IFB 25L Convection Microwave Oven (25BC4)
A classic designed Convection Microwave Oven loaded with every advanced and latest feature to suit every kind of cooking needs related to it is surely a perfect preference by every buyer. The 25BC4 model of IFB suits this phrase completely from all aspects possible with tons of incredible features and loads of compelling options for a variety of cooking procedure powered by latest technology such as deodorize, multi-stage cooking, etc. One can acquire a hassle-free defrosting of foods by just entering the weight of the item that is to be defrosted.
- The classic black floral design of the IFB Microwave Oven which is accompanied with the Stainless Steel cavity, as well as LED display, is completely perfect for every household with varying number of family members.
- Various cooking options such as defrosting, reheating, grilling, etc are also featured in this convection oven beside the baking.
- The touch keypad on the oven to regulate different temperatures is reliable as well as easy for maintenance too.
- 10 power levels and clock with various options such as weight defrost, multi-stage cooking and steam clean are the exact requirements preferred by the users.
Besides those power-packed features and compelling options, the buyer also gets 1 year of warranty on the product as well as 3 years of cavity and magnetron warranty too. This model from IFB can be a proper choice for those families with a busy lifestyle and having more than 5 members.
7. LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846SL)
LG offers an all in one Microwave Oven with completely packed features required by almost every Indian houses. Moreover, the 28L capacity of the Oven suits perfectly with the large families for cooking as the spacious cavity also comes with the Quartz heater that provides faster and at the same time safer cooking experience. On the other hand, 365 auto cook menu can be enabled by just a single click having a wide range of cooking options in it. The most attractive feature for this model from LG is the Health Plus menu which is designed especially for the health-conscious people.
- Health plus menu is one of the topmost highlighting features of the 28L Convection Microwave Oven from LG that every user looks for.
- The starter kit is also available with this oven.
- The feasible touch keypad is highly sensitive to touch as well as easy to clean too which can provide precise control as per the requirements.
- Along with baking, many cooking options such as grilling, defrosting, cooking and reheating options are also featured in this particular model of Microwave Oven.
- Many additional components such as Shelf, Glass tray, Rotating ring, cookbook, and manual are also available in the package.
The LG MC2846SL model Convection Microwave Oven also comes with the 1 year of product warranty as well as 4 years of warranty on the Magnetron which altogether makes it a considerable option in the market with sufficient features and options.
8. Morphy Richards 23L Convection Microwave Oven
Morphy Richards is the world’s renowned manufacturers of kitchen appliances and this 23L Convection Microwave Oven is simply looking yet a power-packed device that one can surely choose for every requirement. If you want to cook a wide variety of items with different cooking styles such as defrosting, reheating, baking and grilling then the Microwave oven from Morphy Richards is probably the best from the price point of view. 23 liters capacity of the oven should be sufficient for bachelors or small families from all kinds of essential needs and cooking varieties too. Even if it is for mid-range buyers, elegant glassy look of the window looks quite expensive providing a proper value for your investment.
- Look of the Morphy Richards Convection Microwave Oven is something worth the price as the extremely eye-pleasing glass door that makes the food inside visible looks quite incredible.
- Wire rack, baking plate, and stainless steel cavity come with the package of Morphy Richards Convection Microwave Oven thus making it quite reliable to use in general purposes.
- Overheating as well as the failure of any system can be identified with the advanced sensor equipment.
- Five different power levels with the ten auto cook menu are provided in this Microwave Oven.
Two years of warranty on the product is offered by Morphy Richards with this Microwave Oven which makes it quite the best deal with the affordable price range.
9. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
Nowadays, the food requirements have increased a great deal. To match up to your appetite and to enhance your kitchen, IFB 30L Convection Microwave Oven is the ultimate option for you. With the power save option, this efficient microwave offers you pre-set options determined on your menu.
The vast One Hundred and One (pre-set) cooking menus clubbed with the auto cook setting give you the freedom to cook large varieties of dishes at the comfort of your very own kitchen. It also allows split-roasting that lets you relish that delightful crispy meat.
- With its massive 30L capacity, IFB 30L Convection Microwave Oven is an ideal fit for your huge appetite needs. If you have a big family, then you are covered.
- It can be used for baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting, and cooking. You name it, and you have it.
- You get a warranty of one complete year and three years on the Megatron and the cavity. It is included in the box (the warranty card) along with the user manual and the starter kit. Customer satisfaction is assured.
- With the modern touch keypad, which could be easily cleaned, life becomes so much easier.
- If you have got those curious little scientists around you who like to inspect everything. Don’t worry because, with a dedicated child lock, safety is ensured.
Why stop here because it comes with a variety of features like fermentation, multi-stage cooking, and more. This device is the true blend of performance and convenience at your fingertips. Don’t be fooled by its contemporary design because the manufacturers have put in extra effort to make it a heavy-duty device. Once you get it, you’ll be in awe.
10. Morphy Richards 20L Solo Microwave Oven
If you want a compatible sized yet efficient Microwave Oven for different purposes in Kitchen, then the 20L Solo Microwave Oven is probably the best choice for all wanted aspects from the appliance. Precise power levels based on the proper need of any kind of cooking style is provided by this oven which most people look for, in the market. Moreover, being compatible and efficient it is also beautiful with mirror finish door and reliable controls on the window with knob rotational dial and defrost mechanism.
- 5 power variable level is the first and foremost compelling feature about the Microwave oven from Morphy Richards which helps in cooking a wide variety of dishes such as potato chips, baked cupcakes, popcorn, plain rice, pasta, sweet corn, paneer tikka, and dhokla, etc. All these cooking options undoubtedly make it best microwave oven in India.
- 20 Liters of capacity can be perfect for small families having a basic taste of dishes.
- The variable knob can be used to adjust the temperature in the cavity as per the requirement of the users.
- Sensory protection is also provided for sensing overheating as well as the failure of any system in the Oven.
Two years of warranty on the product apart from all those incredible features is also quite an incredible addition to the oven that every buyer should go through from all other options in the market.
11. Bajaj 17L Solo Microwave Oven
Bajaj is the leading most manufacturers of various kinds of home appliances which provide high-quality materials that are often complemented with good performance and elegant look. This 17L Solo Microwave Oven from Bajaj is probably the best choice for small families with compatible sized power-packed features. Besides, it also has some advanced options such as effective timer and alarm for precise control of temperature in the cavity containing food. Advanced defrosting technology is also featured in this model of Bajaj to serve warm meals soon after getting it out from the refrigerator.
- The compatible size of Microwave Oven with 17L capacity is perfect for bachelors as well as small families from every perspective.
- Jog dials to vary the temperature inside the warm stainless steel cavity are reliable to use and feasible in performance too.
- Alarm for the completion of cooking is quite an appreciable addition to the oven as people often forget about the time they had inserted the dish inside the cavity.
- 5 different power levels to cook the food as per the requirement makes the process of cooking simple thus reducing all kind of inconvenience caused in conventional cooking methods.
The microwave oven from Bajaj also comes with the 1 year of product warranty and 1 year of magnetron warranty which is helpful to a great extent due to the availability of many service centers in every region of India.
Top 3 Microwave Oven Brands
IFB is an Indian company that manufactures highly energy-efficient home appliances. The company was founded over 46 years ago, back in 1974. It offers affordable solutions for kitchen, living, as well as laundry products. This Indian company has a chain of over 530 retail outlets spread all across the country.
Why choose IFB?
- Microwaves from IFB have several premium features available at a significantly affordable price point.
- Products manufactured and marketed by IFB are known to be energy-efficient and thus make a significant impact in lowering your electricity bills.
- Their products are easy to use and have minimal amount of complexities.
LG is one of the most trusted brands worldwide when it comes to domestic and kitchen appliances. The company was established in 1958 in South Korea and was formerly known as Gold Star. LG is known for delivering cost-efficient and effective appliances, be it any kind of home appliance or kitchen appliance or electronic products.
Why choose LG?
- The design of their products are quite aesthetically pleasing and can blend seamlessly with any home’s interior decor.
- LG is a reliable brand and its excelled customer care team provides speedy solutions to every customer’s queries.
- They provide long-lasting products.
Being one of the most world-renowned companies in the field of electronics, Samsung is trusted by millions of people for their personal and domestic appliance needs. Samsung is popular for its impressive collection of smartphones and home appliances, especially their range of microwaves. The company, which was established in 1938, manufactured their first model of microwaves back in 1979.
Why choose Samsung?
- Samsung’s products are very easy to use and have user-friendly features.
- Their products come with the latest technologies integrated into them.
- They give the best warranties on their products, including their comprehensive range of microwaves, thus ensuring their longevity.
Buying Guide for Microwave Oven
Microwave ovens are turning into a must possess kitchen appliances in every household as it simplifies the lengthy and conventional cooking process to the maximum extent. The best thing about using the Microwave ovens is that one will have no need to look for the time while cooking is going on as the timer and temperature will totally be in the control of the user. Besides, bachelor homes and small families can cook simple dishes easily with the Oven which saves a lot of time as well as efforts that would have consumed while cooking on the stove on the pan which also lacks the guarantee of perfection in cooking.
When it comes to buying a proper Microwave oven which completely suits your kitchen as well as lifestyles from every aspect, then there are certain factors which can get you the best deal with your requirements.
Type of the Oven based on its capacity
In the market, one can find three types of Microwave oven, namely solo, grill, and convection which have different features suiting a specific buyer. However, convection Microwave Oven is considered the best in the market as it supports all kinds of cooking styles that can be grilling, defrosting, reheating, or cooking besides the actual use of baking. However, other types of Microwave ovens are also suitable for various kinds of users based on their requirements.
Auto cook menu
Being in the 21st century, one should always go with the latest model of appliances having the most efficient controls and features. The auto cook menu is also one such feature that has preset programs to simplify cooking variety of recipes. However, nowadays almost all companies are providing this feature in their product with a variable price range.
If you are indeed looking for a microwave oven that has an auto cook menu in-built in it, it would be natural for you to go for a model that has a lot of these cooking options. Some models allow you to manage the temperature and the time of these menu items as well.
Having this mechanism in your oven takes quite a lot of load off your shoulders as you can rely on the oven to do all the necessary in the cooking process. Naturally, a microwave oven with an auto cook menu is pretty expensive than the others.
The most necessary need for Microwave Oven occurs when the food is frozen in the refrigerator. This technology helps in defrosting any kind of dishes within a specific time to serve them warm instantly. Defrosting can also be programmed based on the qualities of the dishes such as weight, size, and quantity, etc.
Defrosting is indeed one of the basic microwave operations. Each of the solo, grill, and convection microwave ovens are capable of defrosting food. What is more impressive is that there is no need to preheat the oven when you are defrosting food.
Now, certain second-hand microwave ovens do not support this mechanism. This is a sign that the oven is not durable since it is one of the basic operations. Additionally, a microwave oven is one of the best means to defrost your food, due to its working mechanism.
The basic need for using the Microwave Oven is to save time which often gets consumed in watching the food getting cooked and testing it often. One should always prefer a reliable timer with precise controls and accurate display as of the temperature in the cavity. Latest microwave oven also possesses an alarming system which alerts the users as soon as the time arrives as per the settings.
A reliable timer also plays a significant role in the duration of the cooking process. See, some cooking needs to be done in steps and each step has certain duration. When your microwave oven is devoid of a reliable timer, it is very likely to affect the quality of the food.
Additionally, a reliable timer will help you plan the next step. You will know when to commence with the next part of the cooking and plan and execute it accordingly.
Types of the panel
From the long list of preferred features in the Microwave Oven, the type of panel also plays a major role as it also decides the performance and efficiency of the oven in the real-time applications in adverse conditions. There are several types of panels available in the market namely mechanical, feather touch, or tactile buttons. Preferring tactile buttons is best for every kind of user as they are sensitive and reliable to control and regulate the temperature inside the cavity easily as per the need of the dish inside it.
You can choose a touch-screen of a feather touch panel if you are comfortable with the system. That is to say that you are using the mechanism in your smartphones. Otherwise, this panel display tends to be difficult to manage and results in faulty settings by the user.
In popular opinion, when cooking is concerned, always go for the button panel as it is reliable and also lets the user know that they have indeed used a particular feature. The mechanism is also pretty old-school, meaning most users are used to it.
Microwave Ovens – FAQs
How many types of the microwave oven are there?
There are mainly three different types of a microwave oven. These are the solo microwave oven, the grill microwave oven, and the convection microwave oven. Each of these ovens is an upgrade to the previous one.
The solo microwave oven can perform the basic microwave function, reheat, and defrost food. The grill microwave oven can do all that along with grilling and roasting. The convection microwave oven can be used to perform all basic microwave options, grilling, defrosting, along with baking, roasting, grilling, browning, among others. The prices of each of these variants also increase respectively with the added features.
What is the ideal microwave oven capacity?
The capacity of a microwave oven is the measure of the amount of food that can be cooked at a time. The ideal capacity will, of course, depend on the user and the number of members in the family. The capacity is directly proportional to the size of the family.
For a small family, a solo microwave oven of 15 to 20-liters capacity is ideal while a capacity of 21 to 30-liters is required for a grill and convection microwave oven. For a larger family, the capacity of the solo microwave oven should be around 25 to 32-liters while the grill and convection variant should have a capacity of 32-liters or more.
Is preheating required to reheat food?
There is no need to preheat your microwave oven when you are using it for basic microwave operation like reheating of food. You might have seen that many microwave ovens advertise in their packaging about having a very low preheating time.
Experts suggest that preheating is required for those cooking only that require a certain amount of heat from the very beginning of the cooking process. Case in point when the cooking uses eggs or floors, you do need to preheat the microwave oven. But there is no need for the same when reheating food. You can simply set the time and the job will be done perfectly.
Which is better Microwave oven or OTG?
This is a choice that depends completely on the user. Both these devices, although looking a bit similar, have vastly different operations and working mechanisms.
An OTG is best used for baking purposes and it is incapable of performing basic cooking processes. It will be the ideal oven for you if you want to roast and bake food. It uses heating coils for the cooking process and takes a longer time. A microwave oven can perform all basic cooking along with baking, roasting, grilling, etc. It uses microwaves to cook the food and the process is completed much faster than the OTG. Still, if you are looking for some good baking, go for the OTG.
What kind of utensils can I use for a microwave oven?
There are specific microwave-proof utensils that are designed to be used in a microwave oven. These are suited for the cooking operations of these ovens and are also instrumental in preserving the quality of the food being cooked.
When you are using a solo or a grill microwave oven, it is advised to not use metal utensils. Metal utensils are not suited for the microwave conditions and tend to get damaged along with affecting the food quality. When using a convection microwave oven however, you can use a metal utensil for the cooking process. This is because this variant uses the convection mechanism for the heating and cooking process.
Buying a Microwave Oven could be a bit confusing in the market as almost all kinds of ovens provides similar applications. Moreover, in countries like India where one can find several companies manufacturing the Microwave Ovens with similar features and claiming to be the latest and advanced in the market, choosing the best one is even more confusing.
However, if you want to go through the buying guide and get the best deals of the Ovens then preferring online shopping can be a lot more productive than the retail market shopping. The reason for this is clear cut mention of the features and specifications and reliability to compare the products with other companies providing similar ones with varying prices.